So, now we've got our fully formed ghetto CDN running, everything's caching properly, coming from the right host, etc, there's one little problem: We still have just a little bit moar faster we can add, thanks to our favourite CDN. I chose to go with Cloudfront because, so long as you stick to the scrub tier, it's free for a year and, really, I don't ever see it costing that much.
In our last adventure we soldered a bunch of stuff onto our little PCB and got it more or less doing what we need, so now the time has come to mount our creations on the truck itself. This actually went a lot quicker and smoother than I’d planned.
Welcome to the second installment in the continuing saga of a boy and his truck. In tonight’s episode, we dust off the soldering iron and get down to business building a couple circuits that will give the truck an “interface”.
Many Christmases ago, I decided I’d been a good boy and rewarded myself with an amusing little 4x4 called the Carnivore. After impulse buying an Arduino Uno, I decided the time was nigh to dust it off and make it fun again.
Having successfully replaced Tommy's battery in an earlier bout of geekery, I decided it was time to set about making him do something useful. Since he didn't come with a remote, the first step was locomotion.
When I first met Tommy, he was alone. Stuck high upon a forgotten shelf, he watched people come and people go, most bissfully unaware as to how many lols a toy robot from the mid 80s with a few missing pieces still had in him.