Sometimes, when you're on a roll, it's hard to stop. What started out as a simple experiment to get static and content assets being served properly out of a multi-site Drupal installation eventually turned in to this rambling and incoherent collection of things mostly because I spend about 2 hours a day on a train with nothing worthwhile to be doing.
In our last adventure we soldered a bunch of stuff onto our little PCB and got it more or less doing what we need, so now the time has come to mount our creations on the truck itself. This actually went a lot quicker and smoother than I’d planned.
Welcome to the second installment in the continuing saga of a boy and his truck. In tonight’s episode, we dust off the soldering iron and get down to business building a couple circuits that will give the truck an “interface”.
Many Christmases ago, I decided I’d been a good boy and rewarded myself with an amusing little 4x4 called the Carnivore. After impulse buying an Arduino Uno, I decided the time was nigh to dust it off and make it fun again.
Having successfully replaced Tommy's battery in an earlier bout of geekery, I decided it was time to set about making him do something useful. Since he didn't come with a remote, the first step was locomotion.